The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

+6
JpRagavan
TheHeirtotheThrone
Axel Ackland
Lord Arogandor
anto_capone
Dracula
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Town's Libarary's -  Library Books Empty The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

Post by Dracula Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:50 am

General information:
Pages: Vary from 600 to 5000
Stamina to read: You always read 1 page of the book with one stamina. However, every stamina spend you have a chance to read an extra page. Your reading skill influences that chance.
Benefits: see each book below - typically completing each book will give you a significant increase in a certain skill - Intelligence, agility etc.

The Reading Skill:
University: You can increase your reading skill by studying at the University with a Teacher or with an ncp teacher Proffessor Dumblydore
Basic Teacher: a gain of 1.5 for every 100 stamina.
Advanced Teacher:
Expert Teacher:

Reading Library books: You can increase your reading skill each time you read a library book.
10 stamina = .05 skill gain.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Books Catalogue:

Riddles of the Ancient World
Pages: 3000
Results: 2 points intelligence increase

The Tale of Tark and Tork
Results: Strength increases by 2 points

The Tales of Archibald
Pages: 5000
Results:  Gives +2 Learning. Basically +2 stamina a day with the increase in skill as big as the other books.

Livre de Potage
Pages: 600
Results:  Lets you to make Soups.

Meodor the Merchant
Results:  Gives +2 in Mercantile skill.

The Art of Wine Making
Pages: 800
Results:  Needed to start making wine in the brewery.

Edited by JpRagavan : Changed layout & added info about missing books |20-Nov-2013|

Last edited by Dracula on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 am; edited 4 times in total

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

The Town's Libarary's -  Library Books Empty Re: The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 am

Book of Body Building0.33%

Back to top Go down

The Town's Libarary's -  Library Books Empty Re: The Town's Libarary's - Library Books

Post by anto_capone Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm

riddles of ancient world... intelligence?
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm

updated

someone should kinda make it look nice
and with someone i mean Airy Razz

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Both books are correct

Bodybuilding book should be updated soon. And get a title change.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Dracula wrote:updated

someone should kinda make it look nice
and with someone i mean Airy Razz

Hehehehe, okay then. Also going to change the title a bit, while fun, it can confuse people by having them think its the table of contents for this forum library.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 am

Updated the books Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 am

heh thanks, was just coming to do that, nice names too. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 am

TitleProgress
Riddles of the Ancient World 99.77%

>.>
tomorrow i'll finish reading it and report back

after that i'll come to spero and read the book there

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:59 am

awesome Very Happy congrats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:53 am

edit:i'll pass on reading the spero book for now,because i got animals and others are reading it already

- 07th of July 2012 08:53 : You did finish reading the book "Intelligence" and gained 2 Points on your Intelligence Skill!

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:17 am

wow, now thats not a bad gain at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 am

ofc,it did took 20 days worth of stamina(20x140) to read
i estimate the book is about 3.000 pages
can you confirm this aro so we can add that in?

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:01 am

You always read 1 page of the book with one stamina. However, every stamina spend you have a chance to read an extra page. Your reading skill influences that chance.

Thats already added in the first post.

And 20 days for 2 points compared to 50 fish for 1 point is quite good, although I guess you could include wage loss while reading but the gain outweighs that sacrifice too, to my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 am

i mean the total amount of pages in a book
3.000 is correct i believe
so thats about 3.000 base stamina used,minus the reading skill extra page chance

and FYI there is a small bug(i already reported it to aro) when you finish a book and use more stamina then needed you use up all stamina,it doesnt stop like with blacksmithing

for example you need 100 more pages,and you use 110 stamina,you use 110 instead of 100 needed

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:27 pm

3000 is correct.

When I am back, I will fix this bug pirat
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 am

Okay I have updated the first post with my limited understanding ^ ^ and hopefully made it easier to read.

I took out the 3.000 Dracula as I think its overly confusing, 3000 pages should be fine, as it appears from what Aro says that each book is 3000 pages long, so added that under general information along with how the stamina works per page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 am

is every book 3.000 pages?,aro said 3.000 was correct for the book i read i believe

Dracula
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36 pm

As for the skill gained by teachers, it depends on your own reading level and the advancement of the class, so you can always get 1.5 skill if your taking the class you can understand.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:41 am

Oh I see, well not really, care to explain more about that Axel?

Dracula, I removed the dot from your 3.000 and changed it to 3000, the dot leads people to believe that you only have 3 pages to read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 pm

The pages a book have can be different from book to book.

Riddles of the Ancient World = 3000 pages
The tale of Tark and Tork = 3000 pages
A Grail Life Experience = 5000 pages

The bug reported by Dracula has been taken care of.
You automatically stop reading the book when you finished it, even if not all the filled in stamina is used. The unused stamina is no longer wasted Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 am

Updated, but where is the Grail book from?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 am

I assume the Monastery.
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:28 pm

The Grail Experience book (Or Advices of Archibald now) is 5000 pages (2000 more then the others) and gives +2 Learning. Basically +2 stamina a day with the increase in skill as big as the other books.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I think this stuff should be boosted a bit, no?

I can eat a 4 piece meal and get .08 and be fed. Soon it will be .1 - and none of this costs stamina, in fact it raises mood as well.

Spending 5000 stamina to read 5000 pages for 2 stamina gain per day = this investment pays off in 2,500 days, maybe a bit less if you can get more than 1 page per stamina...

Stamina is worth more than money imo, but a 6 year investment? Idk. Even if it was 10 stamina extra per day, still would be 500 days....

2% on a skill, I can cook you 4 piece meals, you eat them for 25 days and guess what? You gain 2% on the skill, without spending any stamina. You will also gain 75 mood eating those meals, which through events will give you more stamina.

To me, its just not worth investing the time into. 5000 stamina to me can earn me 12,500 bronze (or 1.25 gold). 3000 stamina can earn me 75 silver. 75 silver can buy me 250 fish, which translates into 5% skill increase in intelligence, not to mention extra mood increase. That's 250% more gained by NOT reading...

Yea, I know, its about 'flavor' and all, but the math is too far off for me. Its a stamina sink.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next